About "Support for Ukrainian Refugees", United Way Romania cause.
More than four million civilians have already fled Ukraine, according to UN.
Since the beginning of this crisis, until 31.03.2022, at 24.00, at national level, 595.755 Ukrainian citizens entered Romania.
Since the beginning of the conflict in the neighboring country, until March 31, more than 4.300 Ukrainian citizens have applied for asylum in Romania.
From February 25, Ukrainian men between the ages of 18 and 60 are not allowed to leave the country. This prohibition is valid during the period of application of martial law; thus, the ones feeling the path of war are: mothers with children and the elderly, the most vulnerable categories.
With the help of the funds raised from participating in this running event, United Way Romania will help refugees in Ukraine by providing products and services of strict necessity, such as:
- food - while in Romania, refugees need 3 meals a day, but also food for the little ones and formula for babies;
- hygiene and sanitary products - both for mothers and the elderly (soap, toothpaste, toothbrush) and for babies (diapers, wet wipes);
- medicines - as needed;
- transport (either from sorting areas to accommodation centers or for transit through the country);
- support services and psychological help for families;
- document support and translation of documents.
Join the United Way Running team and help us make their stay in our country more comfortable and reassure them that the power of humanity overcomes the war!
How can you get involved?
If you have decided to support our cause, please contact us. We welcome you to the team and you will receive all the necessary information.
Contact person: Roxana Dui, email@example.com
- Tell others about the United Way Running team, only Together can we support the refugees in Ukraine.
About United Way:
Everyone has the right to a decent life: access to education in order to get a job, the best possible health and enough income to support their family. That is why United Way Romania develops and supports education, socio-economic integration and health programs - the pillars of a prosperous community:
Access to quality EDUCATION
- children from poor families receive the help they need to go to school or kindergarten
- parents participate in parental education and psycho-social counseling courses
- teachers improve their methods of working with vulnerable children
Access to the labor market, for a stable INCOME
- disadvantaged young people and adults - homeless, single mothers, people with disabilities, elderly - are supported to integrate socially and professionally
- elderly patients suffering from chronic illnesses, with low-income, unable to move, receive home care (social and health services)
- children, young people and adults from vulnerable families have access to psycho-socio-medical services
Our vision is that of a world where every community is strong, has jobs that ensure a decent and stable income, good schools and a healthy environment. All over the world, we involve people and organizations in innovative solutions that turn this vision into reality.
To find out more about us and the programs we support, visit www.unitedway.ro or United Way Romania’s Facebook page.