About Hope and Homes for Children!
Hope and Homes for Children has been working in Romania for 18 years. We focus on transforming the lives of children abandoned in orphanages or at risk of being separated from their families. Through our efforts so far, we have managed to remove over 5,540 children from institutions and move them to loving family environments, as well as to prevent more than 23,500 children from being separated from their families and entering the endless cycle of institutionalisation.
Ever since our first participation at the 2014 Bucharest Marathon, and then at the events in 2015, our dedication to this project made Hope and Homes for Children one of the official NGOs, and earned us the title of Top Supporting NGO twice in a row. At this very moment, Team Hope means:
- 5 successful events
- 2 Top Supporting NGO awards
- ver 1400 runners
- over 250 volunteers
- dozens of sponsors and partners
What you get as a Team Hope Hero*
1. Choose the race that suits you and sign up for Team Hope:
- Halfmarathon (21,097 km) - A challenge for those who are not yet ready to run an entire marathon.
- Relay (6.5 km + 7 km + 7.6 km) - Teams of three runners running along the route together.
- The 10km race - A distance only good for those who want to take the first step in the world of performance runs.
2. Choose the ideal fundraising method from the guide you will receive by email and start raising funds.
3. Collect at least 500 RON and build the path to a loving home for children still living in orphanages.
4. Train, train and train a little more!**
5. Run to the half-marathon! Your friends from Team Hope will encourage you at every turn.
What do you get for your effort?
- Team Hope t-shirt.
- Free registration at the race of your choice.
- 1 World Class training voucher.
- A delicious pasta party at Radisson Blu Hotel
- Snacks, refreshments, encouragement and pampering at the Team Hope tent on race day.
- Constant support from us during the pre-race period, as well as on race day.
- A complete package of fundraising and training tips.
- Team Hope hero status and the chance to be part of a wonderful team.
The benefits package is offered to runners who are committed to raising at least 500 RON for Hope and Homes for Children. You can read more about the benefits included in the information package at the bottom of the page.
Not ready for one of the long runs? Don't worry, you can sign up for the 3 km People's Race (or, in the case of young people between the ages of 14 and 19, the Teenagers' Race). Registration for this race is made directly on the organizers website, against a fee of 30/40/45 RON (depending on the registration period). Then select from the list Hope and Homes for Children so that the amount is directed to us.
In the case of runners registered for the People's Race, the fundraising part is optional. Runners who choose not to fundraise will not benefit from the Team Hope package described above. If you want to register for the People's Race and raise money for our cause, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.